Many things affect the price you pay for your car insurance. Here are a few tips that might help you reduce your car insurance and lower the amount you are currently paying.
• Shop around. Prices for car insurance can vary greatly from company to company. However, don’t let price be the only thing you consider. It’s better to pay a little more and deal with a reliable company. The best recommendation a company can get is from its customers. Ask your friends which car insurance company they use and if they are happy with the service.
• Inquire about low-mileage discounts. This is for drivers who use their car less than a set number of miles per year.
• If you are thinking about buying a new car, remember that the type of car you drive affects the amount you pay for car insurance. If your car is expensive to repair or a favorite of thieves, the insurance is probably higher.
• If possible, raise the deductibles on collision and comprehensive coverage. This means that the amount you pay before filing a claim is higher, but the yearly cost of car insurance is lower.
• Some companies have a discount for cars that have automatic seat belts or air bags, or you might be eligible for a good-driver or defensive-driving discount, making this another way to reduce your car insurance.