Baldness (alopecia areata) is a very common issue, especially in younger men who have baldness running in the family.
If you have been losing hair for some time now, it probably makes you wonder whether you are getting bald or not. The thing is, everyone loses a certain amount of hair every day. If you lose about a hundred hairs a day, it’s not a sign of baldness. However, if you keep losing more hair over a longer period of time, then you should get worried.
In either case, you can make some precautions and prevent baldness by proper diet and hair care.
Diet and baldness
If you want to keep your hair as long as possible and prevent baldness before it happens, you need to maintain a balanced diet. It will not only keep your hair healthy, but your body as well.
• First, make sure you take enough food rich in high protein. Hair is mostly made of protein, which helps provide the amino acids that strengthen the hair. You should have enough of soy, white-meat poultry, milk, cheese, yogurt, eggs, beans, whole-wheat bread, brown rice, nuts, beans, broccoli, and potatoes.
• You should take more vitamin B complex, particularly biotin, in the form of walnuts, soybeans, and brewer’s yeast.
• Anemia can cause hair loss, and in order to prevent baldness you should take enough of iron as well as vitamin C to help the absorption of iron. Citrus fruits are good when combined with liver, beef, pork, fish, green vegetables, cereal, beans, and pumpkin seeds.
• Drink at least eight glasses of water a day. You can also take some multivitamins that include Beta Carotene.
• Refrain from alcohol and caffeine as much as possible.
• Take care of your hair. Keep it clean; dirt can accumulate and block your pores causing baldness. Dandruff, as well as fungus infections, may stop the follicle from growing.
• When you shampoo your hair, massage the scalp to increase the blood flow. You can also use a bit of lavender or rosemary oil, as they increase hair growth. Afterwards, rinse the product you are using well to enable the growth of new hair follicles and to make it possible for the new hair to grow.
• Avoid using strong chemicals like gel, hairspray, or hair dyes. They can all harm the scalp and cause baldness. You should instead use shampoos that are sulfate-free and formaldehyde-free, as well as mild conditioners. Choose hair products with Aloe Vera, as it keeps hair stronger and healthier.
• Be careful not to pull your hair while brushing or styling. In addition, never brush or rub your hair with a towel; it’s a sure way to damage it.
• Don’t use a hair drier, instead let your hair dry by itself. The same goes for any constant exposure to heat, which weakens hair proteins; burned scalp can permanently harm the follicles.
• Avoid wearing caps and hats, or at least don’t wear them often. This can also cause hair loss as it makes it harder for your scalp to breathe.
By following the aforementioned tips you can easily learn how to prevent baldness without expensive drugs or hair loos products. All it takes is consistency and discipline.