The majority of people try juice fasting because of its ability to help them lose weight quickly. Juice fasting consists of ingesting only fresh vegetable juice instead of conventional food. Since veggie juice contains an array of beneficial nutrients, juice fasting is widely encouraged and accepted over water fasting or dry fasting. But how to do a juice fast successfully?
1. Seven days before you begin your juice fast, reduce or eliminate alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, dairy, sugar, wheat, fish, eggs, and animal meat from your diet. During this time, you’ll mainly be eating organic fruits, veggies, and beans.
2. Consume between 32 and 64 ounces of juice each day. Sip the juice throughout the day instead of downing it all at once.
3. Drink about six glasses of room temperature filtered water each day in addition to the juice.
4. Do your best to buy only organic fruits and vegetables for juicing.
5. You can do a juice fast for one to three days. Any fasts longer than this require a professional.
Tips and Notes:
- Juice fasting advocates recommend only juice fasting during the warmer months.
- Good fruits and veggies to use for juice fasting include: celery, kale, carrots, cabbage, apples, cranberries, beets, pineapple, greens, and beets.
- Avoid citrus fruits.